The ECGC PO exam is a golden opportunity for candidates wanting to pursue a career in banking and finance. The exam is highly competitive, with the annual release of the ecgc po notification. And candidates must prepare well to crack the exam. If you plan to appear for the ECGC PO exam, this article is for you. This article will cover everything you need about the ECGC PO exam.
ECGC PO Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Before applying for the ECGC PO exam, candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria.
The ECGC PO exam consists of two phases: Phase I and Phase II. The Phase I exam is an online exam, while the Phase II exam is a descriptive test.
Phase I Exam Pattern:
The Phase I exam is an online exam consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) divided into five sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
Each section has 40 questions, and the time duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Phase II Exam Pattern:
The Phase II exam is a descriptive test consisting of two sections:
- Essay Writing
- Precis Writing
The time duration for the Phase II exam is 1 hour.
ECGC PO Exam Syllabus
The ECGC PO exam syllabus is similar to other bank exams. The following is the syllabus for the exam:
- Reasoning Ability: Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input-Output, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Inequality, etc.
- English Language: Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number Series, Simplification/Approximation, Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equations, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, etc.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Static GK, etc.
- Computer Knowledge: Basics of Computer, Internet, MS Office, etc.
- Essay Writing: Candidates must write an essay on the topic in 250-300 words.
- Precis Writing: Candidates must write a precis of the passage in 150-200 words.
ECGC PO Exam Preparation Tips
Preparing for the exam requires hard work and dedication. The following are some tips that can help you prepare for the exam:
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly: Knowing the exam pattern and syllabus will help you plan your preparation better.
- Make a study plan: Make a study plan that includes all the topics in the syllabus and allocate time for each topic.
- Practice regularly: Regular practice is the key to cracking the ECGC PO exam.
- Improve your speed and accuracy: Try to improve your speed and accuracy by solving questions in a time-bound manner.
- Read newspapers and magazines: Reading newspapers and magazines regularly will help you stay updated with current affairs.
- Improve your writing skills: Improve your writing skills by practising essays and precis writing regularly.
- Take mock tests: Take mock tests regularly to assess your preparation level and identify your weak areas. Work on improving your weak areas to score better in the exam.
The ECGC PO exam result is announced on the official website of ECGC. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and date of birth. Candidates who clear the Phase I exam are eligible to appear for the Phase II exam. The final selection is based on the marks obtained in the Phase II exam and interview.
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria and thoroughly know the exam pattern before starting their preparation. They can look up the ecgc po notification to better understand it. Regular practice, improving writing skills, and staying updated with current affairs are some tips that can help candidates prepare well for the exam. Candidates must also carry the admit card to the exam centre and check their results on the official website of ECGC. With dedication, hard work, and proper preparation, candidates can crack the ECGC PO exam and fulfil their dream of working in a prestigious organisation.